Diver-Cote™ RA 500UW-F Underwater Coatings
For decades, many industries have been looking for a cost-effective and practical solution for long-term corrosion protection underwater.
Many structures – such as jetties, swimming pools and pilings – cannot be removed and therefore the repairs are required to be carried out underwater. Traditional methods of repairing these areas are too expensive and impractical. It is also a substantially costly and time consuming process to move large structures (e.g. offshore platforms) to dry-dock for repair and maintenance.
Chemco is a world leader in innovative underwater coating technologies; providing two unique systems offer a substantial time and cost saving solution to underwater repair and maintenance. These systems have been approved by NSF and FDA for potable water and can be additionally utilised in drinking water lakes and reservoirs.
Diver-cote™ is a solvent-free, wet tolerant, glassflake coating/filler.
It is utilised for a wide range of underwater applications; protection of risers, pipes, jetties, pilings and other steel and concrete structures above/below the splash zone.
Diver-cote™ RA 500UW-F is a solvent-free, wet tolerant coating, glassflake-reinforced epoxy filler specifically designed for application underwater – or in very wet areas – as a filler or crack repair compound for poorly prepared metal and concrete substrates.
Primary features and characteristics of our underwater coatings:
- Solvent-free, wet tolerant
- Glassflake properties form an impermeable barrier to protect against corrosion
- Ideal for use on wet and saturated metal and concrete
- Can be applied to hand prepared or water-jetted surfaces
- No over-coating limitations
- Offers minimal dispersion during application, which in turn:
- reduces potential contamination of the environment
- helps to keep expensive diving suits and equipment clean
- improves accuracy as the diver’s vision is clearer for a longer period of time
- improves efficiency and productivity
- Will reduce the risk of MIC (Microbiological Induced Corrosion) and SRB (Sulphate Reducing Bacteria) as it doesn’t not contain the food ingredients contained in traditional solvent-borne systems which bacteria thrives on
- Exhibits long-term resistance to the marine environment
- Ideal product for use with other underwater application products such as Diver-stix™ and Diver-cote™